The Product Owner will liaise closely with Business stakeholders, Product & Project Managers, and Development teams to coordinate, prioritize, and communicate on-going status to deliver on business needs. The Product Owner should have strong leadership skills, be passionate about technology and have a strong customer focus. The Product Owner will be responsible for identifying and managing product requirements, prioritizing the product backlog and bugs, and supporting feature launch and rollout processes. The Product Owner holds the vision that will be executed by the Scrum team. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for capturing product ideas from relevant stakeholders, converting them into fully researched and fleshed out features, working with the engineering team during backlog refinement sessions to translate those features into user stories, and validating the feature before the release. You will have the ability to shape the future of our products through your insights, analysis and ability to define, communicate and realize a vision.
1. Be the voice of the customer, motivate product development teams by providing clear goals and user cases driving the incremental value that can be delivered to our customers
2. Demonstrate passion and drive for continuous improvement to enhance the quality of the products and services we offer.
3. Works with the Product Manager and other senior stakeholders to understand the business needs and product goals.
4. Review and manage the product’s vision, storyboards, user workflows, communicate updates to Services, Delivery, Support and other stakeholders
5. Create and maintain the technical product roadmap in partnership with the Product Manager and other stakeholders.
6. Negotiate work with the team during the sprint planning meetings, always considering the team’s established velocity.
7. Define feature requests via roadmap. Conduct necessary research, capture use cases and value that will be delivered to the end-user when the feature is complete.
8. Work with the Engineering and User Experience teams to provide detailed guidance and prioritization during the product development process in an agile environment
9. Assist the product engineering Scrum team during regular ceremonies: feature review, backlog refinement, sprint plans, and demos by being the voice of the customer and communicating the value behind each product and prioritization decision
10. Remain available to the team to answer questions and deliver direction regarding acceptance criteria, customer needs, and work priorities.
11. Conduct user acceptance testing on features and bug fixes before they are released, ensuring the high quality of products that are being delivered to customers.
12. Support the sales and marketing teams through a deep understanding of the capabilities of our products, as well as, the needs they fulfill for our customers and prospects.
13. Analyze product and feature performance through the use of quantitative and qualitative methods.
14. Communicate to Leadership, Customer Success, Support and other stakeholders’ rollout plans, feature details and bug status updates.
15. Outline work in the product backlog to maintain a steady flow of available work for scrum teams to consume.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an agile environment as a Product Owner or Product Manager. - 2+ years of software product experience
- Experience leading an agile development team or experience as an agile team member
- Experience generating user requirements for applications within an agile environment
- In-depth knowledge of software development methods, specifically Scrum
- Possess driven development techniques - Ability to work through ambiguity
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- High energy, can-do attitude with a willingness to do what it takes to get things done
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded. Ability to solve complex problems in an organized way.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, including the ability to anticipate likely outcomes and assess risks
- Ability to build productive customer relationships and collaborative internal relationships
- Excellent communication, partnering and influencing skills
- Proactively seek learning opportunities and apply learned skills to the job
- Generate different and novel ways to deal with work problems/opportunities
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or health insurance industry is a plus
About Tivity Health
Tivity Health is a leading provider of fitness and health improvement programs, with strong capabilities in developing and managing network solutions. Through our existing three networks (SilverSneakers® - the nation’s leading fitness program for older adults, Prime® - membership access to the nation’s largest network of fitness centers, and WholeHealth Living – specialty medical network development and benefits management), Tivity Health is focused on targeted population health for those 50 and over.
Tivity Health is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of diversity development. Tivity Health will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.