The Manager, Consumer Research provides marketing research leadership, coordination and integration for all activities on assigned brands. S/he provides strategic consultation and thought leadership to all levels of Brand Management and other functional areas on identification of business opportunities. S/he leads and facilitates consensus of brand team on Consumer Insights & Strategy issues, identifies information needs at the brand level and provides strategic input to short and long-term marketing plans. The Manager, Consumer Research provides leadership in improving the productivity and impact of marketing research tools, methods and processes for the business and assists the Chief Brand Officer in meeting the overall marketing research and information needs of Tivity Health.
- Provides complete consumer marketing research project support to assigned brands through identification of appropriate research objectives and directing resources in executing projects against same. Leads more strategic, complex research.
- Ensures proper focus and prioritization of consumer marketing research resources against assigned brand needs and helps ensure that the right “team” resources from other functions are brought to bear on brand needs.
- Effectively manages, coaches and develops the activities of junior consumer research team as necessary. Guides issue and project prioritization.
- Ensures that marketing conclusions and recommendations for all research conducted are clearly communicated, bringing the research conclusions of studies directly to bear on the marketing issues and opportunities. Shares responsibility with Brand Managers for research-driven recommendations regarding business decisions on individual brands.
- Develops and articulates new consumer insights and ensures learnings are understood by the team. Participates in identifying the strategically valuable consumer.
- Helps direct the interpretation, use, and implications of consumer, marketplace, competitive and environmental information to improve business decisions and knowledge base for future strategic planning.
- Assesses the health of the brand via in-market volume, franchise behavior, attitudes, and quality measures, recommending appropriate courses of action. Interprets and integrates marketing mix and other analytics into recommendations.
- Provides input into the development of new, improved and/or more cost-effective marketing research tools, methods, and processes and provides leadership in bringing this new knowledge to bear on the company’s business and decision making.
- Contributes to learning outside of defined role on brand team (i.e. cross brand projects, research best practices, etc.).