The Partner Experience Representative (PER) answers inbound calls from members and providers, inputs data, and provides a high level of customer service always extending courtesy and professionalism. The PER handles inbound member and partner service inquiries and problems via telephone and email while effectively recording communications accurately and consistently. Calls may not always be routine, and may require deviation from standard screens, scripts and procedures. PERs use a computerized system for tracking calls, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
Inbound calls range from providers calling to obtain pre-authorizations, check on claim statuses and to dispute claim denials to members calling to find a provider. PERs provide information to our members and providers while providing high-quality customer service as a requirement.
Perform other duties as needed.
Education A high school diploma or GED is required.
Experience One or more years of experience working in a customer service role.
Knowledge / Skills
• Strong customer service skills to support interaction with end users in a pleasant, professional, and courteous manner
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience
• PC skills with proficiency using Windows and MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to empathize and understand the needs of the customer
• Detail and process-oriented
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency multi-tasking, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle business to business call types and resolve conflict
Licenses / Certifications N/A