Support general accounting and related general ledger functions to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to all levels of management. Assist in interpretation and analysis of financial results and budget/forecast variances related to the balance sheet and income statement. Maintain accounting policies and procedures. Document, assess, and implement internal controls as needed in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley. Determine, develop and implement new efficiencies and process improvements as requested. Prepare analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Two years of progressive accounting experience is preferred.
- Public accounting or internal audit experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP and all aspects of general accounting.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, demonstrating initiative, mature judgment, and adaptability.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), project management, and analytical skills.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and strong customer service skills.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to work independently and consistently meet department/reporting deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and accounting information systems. Experience using Oracle E-Business Suite is preferred.