The Account Executive supports the development and execution of account strategies to increase utilization of products/services and deliver value to customers; develops and maintains client relationships by providing strategic and operational support through direct interaction at all levels within the client organization; extends and expands ("upsells") new products and services to existing clients; negotiates renewal of client contracts; provides overall client support ensuring existing client contractual obligations are met as outlined in the contract terms; provides direction to colleagues (not direct reports) in all functional areas who support the delivery of products/services to the client.
Client/Consultant Management: Nurture and develop overall business relationships with assigned accounts. Establish and/or improve positive strategic relationships with senior client executives and respective consultants. Resolve customer issues including resolution of operational or escalated customer service problems. Conduct formal periodic review meetings with clients to review performance, surface any threats and opportunities, and discuss new ideas and solutions. Effectively manage customer's requests for program deviations and act as the voice of the customer to inform product/service enhancements and Tivity Health strategic direction.
Contract Expansion/Up-sell: Aggressively identify and pursue opportunities for contract expansion. Use consultative selling practices to uncover issues related to the customers’ needs and proactively identify how other Tivity Health products/services may solve customer issues. Maintain knowledge of competitor's sales activities and general competitive intelligence.
Contract Renewal: Lead and support the renewal strategy development, packaging, presentation and negotiation activities to retain and grow profitable existing business. Conduct pre-renewal internal strategy meetings to discuss customer issues, problems, needs, opportunities, competitive threats and alternatives to be proposed. Present clients with a comprehensive, professional and compelling renewal package. Interpret financial data and provide recommendations on pricing. Coordinate and prepare for RFP responses as applicable. Negotiate non-pricing terms of contracts as needed.
Strategic Planning: Continuously reinforce the value proposition of Tivity Health products/services through development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure account retention and customer satisfaction. Discuss and make recommendations to resolve items that affect customer satisfaction and/or account profitability. Ensure revenue and margin goals of assigned accounts are met.
Reporting: Prepare necessary data, reports and course of action in managing and renewing clients (e.g. monthly, quarterly and/or annual reporting) as needed. Review and analyze reports for accuracy and outcomes needed to satisfy the client. Monitor performance against SLAs and PGs and address service delivery issues as needed. Present reports and make recommendations based on analysis to senior executives.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• A minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in an account management role is required, including management of large regional and national accounts with multiple stakeholders. Health plan and Medicare experience is required.
• Demonstrated consultative sales and client relationship management skills
• Skillful negotiator, excellent with conflict resolution
• Ability to build relationships with clients and to develop unique client focused solutions based on strong understanding of client business challenges and needs
• Ability to travel as business needs require (30%+)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and effective presentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Ability to lead, provide direction and influence others who are not direct reports
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.