As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for organizing and empowering teams to build and deliver Tivity Health products. The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted.
The Scrum Master operates under Scrum methodology to help facilitate the team reaching their committed sprint goals. This person is business minded, attentive to detail, driven to problem solve, and adaptive to new technologies and best practices. The Scrum Master must be able to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of members within the organization to achieve roadmap deliverables and be able to build strong team relationships while also shielding the team from external pressure. This role also requires the ability to present data to the Exec level on a weekly basis to ensure alignment on the product roadmap.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Coach and guide teams to use the Agile framework to deliver on project objectives.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Serve as coach, mentor, strategic planner and mediator of challenges.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Create and obtain agreement for project plans based on product priorities.
- Ensure that project deliverables are delivered on-time and adhere to the agreed upon scope.
- Promote adherence and support the overall development process as well as collect feedback; schedule and lead project meetings, draft meeting agendas and meeting notes, manage project scope & assess and evaluate project success.
- Guide the team on how to work collaboratively and deliver work product on schedule.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the teams / organization and curating plans to coach teams to improve best practices and improve efficiency.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to overcome impediments by finding the right team members or solution to remove the impediments.
- Build trust among team members, forming strong relationships and helping develop a safe environment where problems can be raised and dealt with maturely and professionally.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and keeping the organization informed and updated on the status of multiple initiatives.