The Senior Data Analyst supports our business by delivering quality member eligibility data to all downstream processes. The ability to obtain accurate membership files from our clients, load them in a timely manner, and verify they are correct is vital to our processes for verifying program eligibility, processing fitness center payments, billing clients, and client reporting.
Eligibility File Change Management
- Manage and create visibility for end-to-end business processes involving eligibility data streams.
- Eligibility Data Quality Control
- Develops tools for the measurement and controls of eligibility files; Uses these tools proactively to identify issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Identifies control points in the data continuum to validate file quality and quantity.
- Works directly with external clients and internal customers to resolve technical and content file issues affecting data intake processes and member access.
- Provides first-level response, investigation of root cause, and advanced troubleshooting to end users regarding eligibility data concerns.
- Collaborates with EIS DBAs in testing and remediation of data concerns, as well as database changes for new releases as it relates to member eligibility data.
- Drives data standard adoptions with external clients, via education and influence to drive workflow efficiency.
- Provides EIS with requirements for incorporating file changes into their load process and into our Operational Data Store (ODS).
- This position plays a key role by communicating file changes and business rules originating from the clients to our EIS MIS team, and interfacing directly with Client Relations, EIS, and our clients to resolve issues.
- Data Intake
- Ensures intake, delivery and quality of data from customers.
- Performs research and analysis of healthcare claims data, benefits data, member eligibility and other external data.
- Identifies issues and defects and submits and manages trouble tickets.
- Investigates and resolves data inconsistencies or discrepancies and communicates findings to the appropriate staff.
- Designs and performs database queries to meet internal and external analytical needs.
- Evaluates requirements, issues, and proposed enhancements to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Publishes written documentation that relates to the analysis of the customer data.
- Proactively monitors incoming data for trends.
- Provides support in the preparation and analysis of various reports.
- Works with the operations finance analyst to manage monthly processes.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of identifiable factors.