The Senior Analyst is responsible for the planning, management, production, preparation, and analysis of various reports and other pilots/projects. This individual will act as a key analytics expert within the team by acquiring data, designing appropriate analytic methodologies, troubleshooting problems identified within the database tables, and facilitating issue resolution. Responsibilities include developing and implementing new and innovative approaches or methodologies to provide, expand or improve current business techniques for measuring and evaluating Tivity programs and enhancing credibility and viability of Tivity measurement techniques for WholeHealth Living clients including presenting cutting edge research in support of our value proposition.
Essential job responsibilities:
1. Analyzes survey data from both a data standardization and statistical perspective
2. Design and develop processes and reports to continually improve efficiency, readability, and depth of information presented within all reports to both internal management and external clients and providers
3. Effectively manage projects, resulting in the timely and cost effective delivery of project outcomes.
4. Oversee the resolution of complex issues related to measurement methodologies, study design, and measurement techniques
5. Utilize healthcare claims data to provide program and population insights
6. Manage analysis efforts to determine the success of marketing and program design
7. Provide assistance in the testing of enhancements and new system components from Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) including extensive use of the data warehouse application through Access, Excel, and SAS applications.
8. Research medical billing trends and practices
9. Participate in strategic planning within the department regarding platforms, tools, workflow, and process design 10. Provide relevant training to internal or external parties, as needed
11. Support departments within the division with any questions, inquiries, and ad hoc requests
• BA/BS or higher with emphasis in project management, business analytics, or data science
• At least 5 years’ experience working with large data sets, developing reports and communicating findings to internal and external stakeholders, creating guidelines and requirements documentation. Analytic experience utilizing healthcare claims data.
• Strong analytical skills with regard to understanding and manipulating data across various platforms.
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills with regard to understanding of scientific theory and practices.
• Analytic experience utilizing healthcare claims data
• Demonstrated proficiency in performing statistical analyses of healthcare related data.
• Creative thinker with ability to develop new processes that allow for more efficient work flow and use of resources.
• Ability to think independently and formulate recommendations to facilitate evaluation of new approaches to analyzing data and reporting outcomes.
• Ability to develop and present requirements and recommendations in a clear format to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Advanced in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word).
• Proficiency using statistical software preferred (SAS EG preferred.).
• Excellent interpersonal relationship and facilitation skills.